|Donating gently used items...
St. Vincent de Paul provides prompt courteous free pick up service at your home, business, church or school Monday through Thursday between 9:30 am and 5:00 pm. To help us control our costs and provide the most for those in need, we require either a minimum of 10 bags/boxes of clothing, miscellaneous, or small household items and/or at least one large piece of household furniture.
For free pick of your donations please call (616) 452-1408.
You will receive a courtesy reminder call the day before your scheduled pickup as well as a call 30 minutes before the drivers arrive at your location.
You also can drop off your donations at our store which is located at 1314 S. Division Ave. The drop off area is inside the fenced parking lot located on the north side of our building (off Home Street and Division Ave.). You can drop items off anytime Monday through Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
If you are hosting a garage sale, church sale or any other type of large organized event you must contact St. Vincent de Paul at least one month in advance of the requested pick-up.
Tax donation receipts are given on each visit.
St. Vincent de Paul accepts gently used items that ARE NOT IN NEED OF REPAIR as we no longer repair furniture or electronics. For the safety of our employees we can only go up or down one flight of stairs within a home or business, and all glass and sharp objects must be placed in boxes. Our drivers have the right to refuse items if their value will not aid in our mission to serve those in need.
Due to the current outbreak of bed bugs, we cannot accept used mattresses, box springs, sleeper sofas, or futons. All items must be clean and free of stains and tears. Electronic items and appliances must be in working order.
Items we do not accept...
• Appliances more than 10 years old (stoves/washers/dryers)
• Automotive chemicals or parts
• Baby items other than clothing
• Beds, mattresses & box springs, including:
• sofa beds, day beds, futons, hospital beds & water beds
• Building or home improvement items
• Built in dishwashers
• Carpet or padding
• China cabinets (large); we will take display cabinets
• Computers, printers, fax machines or copy machines
• Consumer product recalled items
• Drapery rods
• Entertainment centers
• Exercise equipment
• Florescent bulbs and fixtures or hard-wired lighting
• Health & beauty Items and cleaning items that are open
• this includes liquids, powders, razors, etc.
• Household hazardous waste items
• House plants (live)
• Items that are torn, soiled or covered in pet hair
• Old model TVs (We DO accept FLAT SCREENS)
• Office desks or office wall systems
• Pool tables
• Pianos or organs
• Propane BBQ grills or heaters
• Sharp garden tools (saws, sheers, etc.)
• Sewing machines (old)
• Weapons of any kind
Donate your vehicle and receive these benefits:
• Direct your donation to the Catholic charity, program, or location of your choice.
• The value of your donated vehicle is TAX DEDUCTABLE.
• FREE pickup service nationwide at convenient appointment times (see details).
• We do all of the DMV and IRS paperwork for you.
SVDP Society accepts all CARS and TRUCKS (running or not), most running BOATS on trailers, and some RVs (see details).
For more information, call:
Or visit this page for complete vehicle donation FAQs.